Using the Website
We have aimed to create a website that is available to everyone including those with sight, audio and motor impairment restrictions.
- The content has been written and formatted to make it accessible.
- Sentences are short with a clear meaning.
- We aim to use a font so that text is easy to read.
- We have appropriate image alt tags to describe and convey information.
- We avoid using images of text and ensure there is an equivalent text link.
- Links use meaningful text.
- We do not use colour as the sole way to communicate information.
- We limit the use of forms.
There are a number of ways to assist in using the website:
Enlarging text and images on the site
On a PC:
Hold down the ‘Ctrl’ key and press ‘+’ to enlarge.
Hold down the ‘Ctrl’ key and press ‘-‘ to reduce.
To reset hold down ‘Ctrl’ and press ‘0’.
On an Apple Macintosh (“Mac”) computer:
Hold down the ‘Cmd’ key and press ‘+’ to enlarge.
Hold down the ‘Cmd’ key and press ‘-‘ to reduce.
To reset hold down ‘Cmd’ and press ‘0’.
To change the size of the window of the site, select the View menu on your browser and select ‘Full screen’.
Browser accessibility options
Each browser has different methods for font size, formatting, and screen colour options:
The BBC website has invaluable information on how to customise your computer, and your browser, to make them more accessible in their ‘My web my way’ section:
How the Site is built for Accessibility
We strive to make all pages validate to a W3C formal grammar (XHTML Strict or HTML 5).
The site uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to control all of the presentation and layout. Tables are used only to present data.
We ensure that the website navigation works in a consistent way. You can also use the sitemap to get an overview of what is on the website. Screen reader users can use the screen reader’s navigation key to get around the website. If you are listening to the site, menus are logically grouped together.
Taxi Game Ltd. are continually working to improve the accessibility of the website. Should you experience any difficulties please contact us explaining the problems you encountered.